My name is Jenny Denny and I am a busy mother of two, running two businesses and working hard to gain a healthier lifestyle. Last year I was meeting a new marketing contact for our business, The Mosquito Authority. As I started to shake her hand the dreaded “when are you due” question escaped her lips. Needless to say, the only place I was due was the GYM! She swore it was the shirt I was wearing but I knew that wasn’t true. I had a pooch and needed to do something about it. Not long after, a friend called me to tell me about a great product, Body by Vi, she was using and loved. “Sign me up” I said after hearing her out. That was the beginning of my second career of helping myself and others get their health back.
In the process of this transformation within myself as well as the others who have joined the Challenge with me, I knew there were key things we all should do to help gain control and begin slimming down.
1. Drink Plenty of Water – Did you know that 74% of adults are dehydrated? Dehydration can slow down your metabolism by 5%. People also often confuse being hungry with thirst. Start your morning off to a great start by downing two glasses of water before that first cup of coffee.
2. Eat Protein – Protein helps keep your blood sugar level and helps you stay full. Try a ViSalus protein shake that combines three types of protein to build lean muscle and burn fat.
3. Eat your Veggies -83% of adults do not get enough fruits and veggies each day. These are critical for a healthy lifestyle. They keep you full and the vitamins and minerals help promote healthy skin and hair.
4. Avoid the Color Beige -Beige foods tend to be high in carbohydrates and calories and low in nutrition. Breads, pastas and rice all add up to unwanted calories with little nutritional benefits.
5. Get Some Sleep -Too little sleep and your body won’t function properly. 68% of us don’t get enough sleep and almost the same percent are overweight. Sleep helps you detox, de-stress and reduces cortisol to help you lose weight.
6. Size Does Matter -The average plate of food is 2-3 times larger in size and calories than just 30 years ago. A serving of protein is the size of a deck of cards and fruit should be the size of a tennis ball. Watching these portion sizes can help you stay on the right track.
7. Exercise -I know you don’t want to hear it but in order to effectively lose the weight you have to add movement into your day. The great news is that studies show that short workouts with quick movements can actually burn more calories than slogging away for an hour on the treadmill. Try this favorite routine of mine. Do 30 squats, 20 sit-ups or a 30 second plank and 10 push-ups (wall, knees or traditional) as fast as you can and repeat for 20 minutes. Complete as many rounds as you can and track your progress. 20 minutes a day is all you need to help tone and tighten.
I hope these 7 secrets will help you become a healthier you, whether it’s to lose those holiday pounds or increase your 5k best time. I highly recommend the 90 day Body by Vi Challenge system as a great way to jump start any weight loss or health program. Please visit my website MommyFit.myvi.net to learn about our products and how to try them with a 90 day money back guarantee. I am always looking for friends who want to take the 90 Day Challenge to better health.