Just when I thought I was finally understanding the social media game (you know…Facebook, Instagram & Twitter) a new player grabs my attention and pulls me in. It’s called Periscope….have you heard about this new kid in town? Periscope is a free mobile app owned by Twitter where you can stream live video using your smartphone or tablet. This is creating a valuable forum for bloggers, entrepreneurs, families & social media gurus to connect live with their followers or audience.
I finally got hip to the game and joined a couple of months ago. I’ve watched “scopes” (Periscope slang for “live videos”) of beautiful ocean scenes, joined walks through Italian piazzas, listened in on marketing conversations with other bloggers & even been to the streets of Hong Kong…..all in real time!!! I even shared my own visit to a nearby Lavender Farm during my first scoping session. So far, I am enjoying this app and am anxious to find new creative ways I can incorporate Periscope into my blogging and social media adventures.
Have you scoped, yet? Are you ready to get started, but don’t know where to begin?
Here are a couple (ok, 60…I got carried away) of Periscope ideas to get the creative juices flowing.
Let’s Scope about…..
- Favorite vacation spot
- Easy DIY craft or recipe
- Showcase a store or Etsy haul
- How to stay motivated?
- Hosting a giveaway? Share how to enter & the goodies your audience can win.
- How to videos on photography, blogging or building a website
- Best stress relievers
- Showcase new items in your shop.
- Favorite concert
- Book Review or Movie Review
- Beautiful sunset or ocean view
- Organization tips
- Did you recently win a giveaway? Share your win & give a shout out to the host of the giveaway!
- How to make a vision board
- Favorite affirmations
- 5 Tips to a Productive Day
- Ask your audience their favorite tips, recipes, vacation spots, books, etc.
- Blog teaser…share what will be on your blog this week
- Interview someone who has inspired you & your journey.
- Have you attended a professional conference lately? Share 3 things you learned & will put into action.
- Volunteering at your favorite charity soon? Scope about it then have a call-to-action to encourage your audience to do the same.
- Favorite workout tips
- How to survive a family road trip
- Tuesday Trivia for those folks that love game shows.
- Back to School lunch ideas
- Behind the scenes of your shop or blog
- How to put together a stunning outfit on a shoestring budget.
- Read your favorite quote or Bible verse.
- Sounds of Nature (Fit Triangle Mom scoped recently at a beautiful backyard scenery. The wind in the trees, birds singing & children laughing were the perfect sounds of nature & a relaxing summer afternoon.)
- Crafting with the kiddos
- Apps that help you manage your day, your family or your business.
- How do you relax?
- Take your audience for a walk through your favorite trail or park.
- Share what’s on your workout playlist.
- At a concert or a festival? Scope about all the fun you are having.
- Share a family outing, sports game or graduation. (Great way to share live events with family who could not attend. I’d recommend you keep this video private or only feature it in a closed group.)
- Mistakes you have made & how you have learned from them.
- Have a special talent? Scope & bring others a bit of joy or laughter.
- Super saver or couponing tips
- Blogging tips & tricks
- Decorating hacks on a budget
- Car care & how to keep your ride smelling fresh.
- Looking to collaborate with other like minds? Ask your followers if they’d be interested in working with you.
- Are you a planner-girl, like myself? Share your favorite planner or calendar & discuss why it suits your needs.
- Beauty & Make-Up tips or tutorials
- How to set up a home office
- Do you have a YouTube channel? Scope about it & your creative process.
- Open floor Q&A session with your followers.
- Holiday decorating ideas
- Family game night ideas
- Gardening basics
- Local city adventures….visit an area of town you have never been & scope while you are there.
- Family friendly scavenger hunt
- How to teach your child math tricks or techniques to use when solving difficult math problems.
- Share the best advice you have ever received then ask your audience to share theirs.
- Show your latest subscription box
- Love your pet? Share pet advice or just scope having some fun playtime with your favorite furry friend.
- Best at-home children birthday party ideas
- How to build a lemonade stand on a budget
- 10 Budget Friendly Date Night Ideas
Ready to get started? Join Melissa Culbertson as she brings Periscope to Vend Raleigh for a LIVE class!
I am looking forward to putting a couple of these ideas into action and becoming better engaged with fellow bloggers & other Periscope users out there. Periscope is definitely a forum that will keep you inspired, energized and allow you the freedom to create & share.
If you are already on Periscope what have you been scoping about with your audience? I’d love to hear from you & be inspired! Don’t forget to follow VendRaleigh (@VendRaleigh) on Periscope so we can all stay connected. Have fun finding the joy & creativity during your scoping adventures!
- Discover Hidden Facebook + Instagram Tools - September 12, 2017
- Social Media 101 | Let’s do this now! PART 2 - October 23, 2016
- Latest Updates For Twitter And A Bonus Twitter Hack! - October 10, 2016