Are you ready to create a downloadable opt-in product for your website?
An opt-in product is something you give to people that visit your website in return for their name, email or any other information you want to gather. You will have a place on your website for them to fill in their information and when they do, they will get something of value from you for free. An opt-in freebie is a great way to build your list. A list of subscribers is important so you can promote your products or services to people that connect with you and your message. You want your opt-in freebie to represent your products, your services and your values.
If you already have a freebie and you are ready to build your first product these same tips can help you decide what you want to create. Having downloadable products or information for sale on your website is a great way to create a passive income stream. You only have to create the content and product once, and you can sell it to multiple people. Creating content around information you have that is valuable to others can set you apart as an expert in your field.
So, how do you decide what to create as your free gift or your product? Here are some questions to get you started.
- What format do you want for your freebie? Do you like to write? Do you like to create videos? Could you record something? Do you want to create an article, a quiz, a weekly or monthly newsletter, a podcast, a video or something else? You want to create a product that represents you in the best way and you want to maximize your talents.
- Who is your ideal client? You want to target your information to people you want to do business with.
- What do your clients and customers struggle with? What are their pain points?
- What tips or information can you give them to save them time, money and/or energy?
- What field are you the expert in? What is your business? What are the best tips you have learned through your business?
- What knowledge do you have to share? How can you put this knowledge into a tool that others will want?
- When you started your business what do you wish someone had told you? What have you learned from doing your business, that can help others?
Some examples of ideas are: If you are a photographer, you could give them “5 tips to Get an Incredible Headshot”. If you are a beauty supplier, you could give them “This Seasons Must Have Make-up Trends”. If you are an accountant, you could give them “4 Money Saving Tax Tips”. Make your freebie relevant to your customers and draw them in with great content!
Take the answers to these questions and begin to create the content you have inside that you can share with others. You want to share the valuable information you have from being an expert in your field in an alluring way so you can begin to build your list and make connections with your ideal clients. Once you create an amazing offer, add it to your website and start to build that list!!
I am in the process of creating my next product for 2015 and I would love to hear from you! Please take a moment to do this survey! There are only 5 quick questions!!
- Raleigh Business Opt-In Product for Your Website - January 8, 2015
- Work It, Girl: Announcing Pre-Illuminate Events - September 17, 2014
- Corporate Job to Entrepreneur Coaching Sessions - August 22, 2014